Friday, September 21, 2012

Feed Day

I got up at 6:30 AM to feed the horse and got back home in about 20 minutes. I got ready too go to the senior center and got there and no one was there except two of the regulars. The center was having a picnic for the seniors at the park and I guess that's why there were no one there for the exercise. I left at 9:00 AM. I went to Karen's at 11:00 AM to help her with feeding their animals. She was still suffering with a cough and cold. We feed and watered the animals in about an hour. She said it took her two hours the day before. I killed a rat where the chickens were. It was the size of a tennis ball and was caught in a trap. It had it's front paw caught and I killed it with the broom handle and Karen finished it off with a shovel. I came home and started cooking.

We were out of beans and goulash and I ate a rice cake with peanut butter for my lunch. I cooked beans and goulash so now we are set for the next few days. Frank wants something solid to help him not be hungry so I'm going to get some chicken and pork chops. We don't eat much meat and meat would be good once in a while.

Tomorrow is the adult session of Stake conference. I hope Karen will feel like going. If she doesn't, I probably won't go. They said to be sure and car pool since there aren't enough parking spaces for everybody.

No comments: