Saturday, September 8, 2012

Baptism

We had a baptism at the church today. A lady who had been coming to church with the missionaries was baptized. It was a sweet service. Her husband is a Buddhist and he was happy she had found what she was looking for. He dressed like everyone else so he didn't stand out being a Buddhist. There was a nice crowd there and refreshments were served. I'm glad I went. It's good to mingle with the members.

After I got home from church, I started the laundry and practiced the piano while the clothes were washing and drying. Frank did his weekly pills and I started vacuuming the floors. We had to vacuum the air filters too. It had been about two weeks since we had done them. It's good to have clean floors. I didn't mop.

I was looking out the window of my bedroom while I was closing the blinds and saw a Privet plant that I'm trying to train up to be a tree. I pruned it in the Spring but it needs pruning again and I thought how I didn't want to do any yard work. Maybe as the weather cools off, I'll have the desire to do the pruning. I guess my days of yard work are over. After the leaves fall out by the road, we'll have to pay someone to rake them up so the drain that runs under the road won't get clogged up like it did last year.

No comments: