Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Beautiful Fall Weather

The weather is so nice. It's not too hot and just cool enough in the morning to need a wrap but warming up by mid morning where the wrap is not needed.

Went to feed the animals and we cleaned out the pen where the 2 month old chickens are kept. I got the food ready and Karen got the water. She caught each chicken and put them in a pen before she cleaned out the pen. We put fresh shavings in and hooked the light in another place and they were set. It's fun to watch the horses and goats and ducks and chickens eat the feed. We get through in an hour.

I'll go food shopping tomorrow after exercise. We need some meat to eat. I thought about getting some chicken and maybe pork chops. This NG diet without wheat bread, leaves one hungry and wanting for something else. But it'll keep me from eating cakes and cookies, etc. We do still have some ice cream in the freezer and it is chock full of calories but it is so good! That's one of the reasons I've gained weight. That and pancakes I ate at when the neighbors got together and all ate out together. Mary Kate said she might buy the non gluten flour I bought but haven't used.

No comments: