Monday, March 14, 2011

Saturday's Post

Trudy and I went to Nashville to Time Out For Women. We only turned wrong once and found the convention center very easily. We parked in a downtown lot that had a machine instead of a parking attendant. We had to enter the first three numbers of our license tag into the machine and then insert the Visa card and then we got a receipt that we had to put on the dash board of the car. The convention was from 9-3:45 PM. It was very good and very motivating. I had made four sandwiches and we only had one and a half left over. I emptied a Emergency Essentials back pack and put the sandwiches and 4 water bottles and some crackers and bars. We had plenty of things to eat. The brochure said lunch wouldn't be provided but they did have some sandwiches for $12.00! I bought a small book and a CD called, The Dog Ate My Scriptures. Trudy got her and Sadie a small purple journal and a small book about missionaries, I think. The whole day was very fulfilling.

Today was my day to lead the exercises after a week off. I was a bit stiff and could tell I hadn't exercised in a week. I went to Curves afterwards and then to Walmart for some bananas. I came home and fixed lunch for us and then went to Karen's for scripture study. Tomorrow night the Relief Society is having a lesson on bread making at Susan Harris' home and we're going to that.

I went out to put a letter in the mail box and caught the toe of my shoe on a rock and fell down. I had an umbrella in my hand and that may have cushioned my fall, but I still got a good raspberry on my left knee and some other wounds on my left hand and elbow. I'm too old to fall! I need to watch out how I walk on the road. If we get some crushed gravel on the road, it would take out all the various sized rocks that stick out now. It would be nice.

No comments: