Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nice Night

Tuesday night, Ann had a VT party at her house. Everyone brought finger foods and we ate and then watched a video about  Emmeline B. Wells. She was the third general Relief Society president. She once met Joseph Smith and was a plural wife. She had a hard life but accomplished much. She was a friend of Susan B. Anthony and worked in the women's suffrage movement. She was quite a woman. I think my trials are not much after seeing what she had to go through in her life.

It rained several times that night and even hailed here. I was asleep at the time but Frank heard and saw it. The skies are still cloudy and rain is possible. It was in the 60's today.

I didn't go to exercise but did go to Curves. I can tell my arm and shoulder muscles are getting stronger and it's good to get out of the house several times a week.

Mary Kate and the children are coming up next Wednesday. We have General Conference on TV this week-end and it will be good to hear from the General Authorities.

No comments: