Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cloudy Day

I went to Curves this morning. I didn't want to get up at 6:30 AM today so I skipped the exercise class. After Curves, I stopped by Walmart and got some bread and a 4 1/2 lb beef roast to cook in the pressure cooker. I cooked it for an hour and expected it to be really tender, but it wasn't. I think it was too large for it was like it was roasted in the oven. I put too much tenderizer on it and it make it too salty. But all was not lost! I got the electric knife out and carved it into slices then into small pieces to be used in beef stew and anything I can think of that needs small chunks of beef. Being cooked in a slow cooker with carrots, potatoes and onions will tenderize the beef. I have about 2 cups of gravy from it too. When Mary Kate comes in April, we can put all the ingredients for beef stew in the crock pot and then go shopping and it will all be cooked when we get back.

It rained really hard for a few minutes but not enough to fill up the bird bath. The bath has some sweet gum thingies in it and I know the outside birds would like for me to get them out of their bath so they won't have prickly things in it. But will I do that...maybe.

No comments: