Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fun Filled Day

Karen came over about 10:00 AM and we left in her van. We stopped at the Southern Reproduction furniture store. It was very interesting. Their prices seemed reasonable. They had some nice pieces for flat screen TV's. Then we went to find the Flying Carpet store. We found it but the owner was out at that time. We peered through the doors and then left. Oh, before that, we strolled through T.J. Max in Madison. Then we went to the Pottery Place and walked through it. At the last isle, we both found something to buy. Karen got some metal stakes to put in her flower beds to hold the sprinkler up. I found a small ceramic chicken that looks like wood. It's light green with a red comb.

After I got home, I had to go by the Co-Op and pick up 4 bales of wheat straw. Frank wanted to cover the well before we have the very cold weather that's predicted for tomorrow and the week-end. Our neighbor, Bobby Adams, came over and helped spread the straw. Frank tried to help a couple of times, but I had to stop him. I think it would be bad news for him to strain his insides so soon after his operation. Bobby saved the day!

I had the bills out trying to post them in the bill book and organize them, but ran out of time to finish. We paid the January bills December 30th so I was confused as to where they should go. I'll finish them tomorrow. The Sears repairman comes tomorrow. Maybe our refrigerator will get fixed for good!

No comments: