Friday, January 23, 2009

Didn't Blog

I guess I missed blogging Wed. and Thurs. because I was down. I read somewhere that if you change to a generic drug from a name brand it can effect you, and my thyroid medicine is generic now. I just feel listless and don't care about anything.

Today, I cooked another recipe from Mary Lou's cookbook. It had potatoes, onions, cut up chicken, noodles cooked in the chicken broth. It was a pretty good recipe...maybe if it had some biscuits on top or peas in it would make it better. Yesterday, I cooked pork chops in catchup and
coke.It made a little bar-be-que sauce. I baked the chops in the oven and the were really tender. Dad didn't like the sauce but I know how to cook pork chops now. Tomorrow, I cook Bucket Steaks. That's cubed steak cut into 1" pieces and drenched in flour and browned and then liquid added and cooked with the top on the pan. It makes it's own gravy. I've cooked cubed steaks before but I didn't steam them like that. I bet Frank will like them. I'll have plenty of food for when Trudy and Sadie come over next week end.

Today's been a bad knee day. I really look forward to getting the right knee replaced. I keep saying that, but when the time comes, I'll be concerned about the pain. I'm ready to go through it right now.

Frankie says that something is wrong with Rachel. After exercising hard she had something like a stroke. The Dr's are running all sorts of tests on her.

No comments: