Wednesday, May 14, 2014

To H'ville

I had an appointment at the Pain Clinic. Dr Alexander made it for me back in January when I was having pain with my right femur. By now the pain had subsided but I wanted to keep the appointment so that I could get some medicine in case the pain came back. I felt weird sitting there and telling about the pain that was almost gone. I got a prescription for pain pills and a nerve relaxer. He said there were procedures for my back pain and my leg pain that included a nerve block but I don't want anything like that. Maybe he saw through my lack of pain. I go back in 3 months. The pain medicine only lasts one month but I can get refills on the gabapentin.

I came right home in time for the sitter to leave withing the 4 hour mark. Jennifer wasn't feeling good and we had someone else.

Tomorrow, Frank and I will leave the house around 9 AM to go to Hazel Green to pick up Trudy. She wants to go to the Dr Boyer appointment with us. Frank's refusing to take his medicine. Today he didn't take his AM pills and I tried to get him to take them this evening but he refused. Maybe Dr Boyer can get him to take the medicine. He will get sicker if he doesn't take the meds. I'm a little sick of him, too, right now. This week has been relatively easy. He hasn't been so delusional. He thinks I should cook the steal cut oats with extra water so he'll have some left over to drink. There is no reasoning with him about how I cook the oats and I'm not going to alter the recipe so there will be left over water for him to drink.

It's raining cats and dogs tonight. It's good that it'll wash the tree pollen off the car and water people's gardens that they have planted. Frank decided tonight that we will have a garden. When I asked who will work it, he said we would. It's all a delusion because neither one of us could work in a garden. I wish it would stop.

Mary Kate and Sophia are coming Friday after school. She's arranged a sitter for Saturday so we can go out and shop and have fun.

No comments: