Monday, May 12, 2014

Busy Monday

Went to exercise and then to the Good Will store to get Frank some button down shirts. He's gone from wearing his pull overs to the button down. I got him 4 shirts for $3.99 a piece. I had bought him a nice shirt at Khol's that fit and matched his pants but the first time he wore it, he got some silly putty hand exerciser on it and ruined it. That stuff won't come out of cloth.

I came home and Martin was working on the door. Jennifer asked if I still wanted her to stay longer and I said, "Yes". I was headed back into town when I turned around and drove to Blue Springs Elementary school to see if they had any disaster relief assistance there. The didn't but gave me some papers that told me where to go. I had a little trouble finding Ripley road until I came back to Zehner Rd and from there found Ripley. I found the place where FEMA had set up and I went and applied for some disaster relief. Since I didn't have any damage to the house and the trees that were down across the road to the back of the house were removed, they couldn't help me. They gave me a sheet with names of churches that might help but I wanted to see if our church could help out some more before I asked anyone else. Maybe I should look into paying for someone to come take care of the trees and the wood. There's lots of wood that's been thrown on the burn pile, but Steve said not to burn it for it might melt the siding on the house, plus it would be a hot fire that would last several days. What to do, what to do?

No comments: