Monday, May 19, 2014

Trees

The tornado blew down 21 trees from our woods into our lawn. I called a tree service today and got an estimate of $9,600.00 to remove them and all the mess they created. That still leaves a large tree down on the left side of the property looking West. The homeowners insurance has a $1,000.00 deductible and then they will only pay $500.00 for tree removal. Some people are having trouble getting the insurance companies to pay up on homes that were completely destroyed. The Lord blessed us that the house wasn't touched. Well, there is a piece of a gutter hanging down outside of my bedroom window, but the gutter is still attached so I guess it won't be fixed if it still works.

I went to exercise today. I was almost late but arrived on time. Afterwards, I went to the bank and closed one account and combined the money into another account. Then I drove out to the interstate and bought some gas for it was cheaper than where I usually get it and then I drove downtown Athens and parked on the square and went to some snooty gift stores. One had Vera Bradly purses. I like all the inside pockets they have but I wouldn't buy one because they are cotton and would get dirty it carried every day. I love purses but not at that price. I went to the hardware store, Grey & Holt. They don't sell hardware anymore, just clothes. An Alabama T-shirt cost $40.00. They were pretty but I can get one from Walmart that says "Alabama" and not pay nearly that much. I got through with the stores at 11:00 AM and had to be home by 11:30 so I left town and came home.

I need to find something I want to do the 4 hours we have a sitter. I get out of exercise at 9:15 AM and have until 11:30 to do as I please. I have at least 2 hours to fill.

Frank slept most of the morning and will probably be up late tonight. That's his pattern, but the seroquil has helped his moods and he doesn't get abusive anymore.

No comments: