Saturday, May 31, 2014

Home Again

Sadie and I left LaGrange about 11:00 AM EDST and got home at 2:15 PM CDST. We lost an hour coming home. It wasn't a hard trip. We thought we were lost going through Birmingham, but after stopping and asking, we were just not further along as we needed to be.

It was so good seeing Mary Kate, Richard, Sophia and Nate. We went shopping and to Callaway Gardens. We saw the bird show, raptors, and went to the beach so the kids could swim and play. I didn't bring a bathing suit so just sat in the sun and got tanned.

I got a new purse at the Khol's in Tiger Town in Opelika, AL. Seems like I get all of my purses at Khol's. It's a big, black purse with three compartments and an outside zipper and a place I can slide my cards into. I really like it. We got the brakes fixed on the Honda van and visited a friend in LaGrange who's son is on a mission in Brazil. Friday evening we went back to Opelika and ate at C.C.'s Pizza and then Richard drove to Auburn and showed me the campus. It's doesn't seem to be as large as the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa, but I was glad I could visit the campus of our rival school.

Nate was going to Scout camp today and Mary Kate and Sophia were going to Atlanta on a temple trip, so Sadie and I left when Mary Kate did. It's a 4 hour drive but it's almost all interstate and fast driving. There is a section of two lane roads that leads from the interstate to LaGrange but it goes by pretty quickly. Trudy said we could go every 6 weeks if we wanted to. May take her up on it. I think I need new tires on the Accord. On the front, at least before my next trip.

No comments: