Saturday, November 30, 2013

Friday and Saturday

Friday started at 6 AM when everyone got up. We had to meet Sadie at Kohl's in Madison at 8 AM. We left home but had to go back to get Mary Kate's phone. We met Sadie and all shopped. Mary Kate bought me a nice, light coat. It is stylish and I feel good in it. The sleeves were a little too long but MK said she could fix them. I wore it out of the store. We went to Dick's and dropped Richard and the kids off and we went to Micheal's and then to Hobby Lobby. Sadie had to go to work at 10 AM so she left us. We stopped at Book's A Million in Madison and I got Nate and Sophia a book a piece. Mary Kate bought some books for presents.

Saturday started early too, but at 7 AM. Mary Kate had to prepare her stuffing and she had to chop up the celery and onions and mushrooms, etc. We had cooked the turkey from a frozen state all night long at about 275 degrees. It was done and was good. We had the small smoked turkey too. They went to Trudy's earlier than I did. I wanted to eat lunch with Frank so I left at 12:30 PM. Rachel and the kids were already there. Frankie hadn't come because he was all stressed out. He called me tonight and apologized about not coming but I understand. He has had a lot of stress at work and can't deal with it. He said they would come down when they could.

The feast at Trudy's was good and we certainly had enough food and then some. Mary Kate had prepared some games for the children but I left after 2 hours in order to get  home before dark. We watched the Auburn-Alabama football game and I listened to it on my way home and finished watching it with Frank. Alabama didn't play as well as they could and Auburn beat them by a touch down in the last seconds of the game. Richard was glad since he's a Auburn man. Both teams will be in a bowl game so there's more college football to watch.

No comments: