Saturday, November 23, 2013

Primary Baptism

Susie Newell asked me to play at a Primary baptism today. She and Matthew and another lady came and got me. I was flattered that they did. I could have driven myself but it was nice to be transported with style and company. The service was nice. I didn't even use my piano glasses. I will tomorrow when the choir sings. I've been practicing on the piece all week and I hope I can play it well. The choir part is sort of dissonant and I hope it doesn't sound like they are out of tune. I've got to read my Sunday School and Relief Society lessons tonight. I meant to read them earlier in the week and just review them Saturday night but that didn't come to pass this week. I'll keep trying.

Trudy will be over Sunday evening sometime. Her back was hurting too much to come Friday night.

Frank tried to put a new ballast is the fluorescent light fixture today but he couldn't steady his hand enough to get the screw in. We called Bro Hansen and he came over and did it. Frank said he could wire it and Martin left. He couldn't so we called Martin back and he came back and tried. Come to find out that the ballast was for a one light fixture and we have a two light fixture. The man at Tennessee Valley Wholesale sold me the wrong ballast but I had gotten two and the other one was for a two light fixture so Martin could wire it and the light worked. Now we don't sit in darkness... 

A blast of Polar air is on it's way for tomorrow. I have my boots out and will wear them. I have a new sweater that's open in the front that I haven't worn since I got it and I think I will wear that with a black skirt. Will need to wear another coat in order to stay warm. My coat has a stand up collar and it makes my earrings fall off if I'm not careful. The little backs that go on the earrings are too small for my fingers and I don't use them.

No comments: