Monday, November 25, 2013

Cold Day

I guess our fall is over. A big storm is coming our way for the next two days. When Trudy and I  were caring the groceries in it was sleeting a little. She spent the night last night and we planned the menu's for Thanksgiving then we went out to Walmart and bought the groceries. It was $207.00 for two dinners. I have to pick the smoked turkey up Wednesday afternoon at 3:00 PM. That will be for the Saturday dinner but I guess Frank can have some before then since he won't be going to the Saturday dinner. Frankie and his family will be here Friday. I guess they will stay in a motel since nobody has room for them at their house. But there's room for the Thanksgiving feast Saturday at Trudy's house.

Mary Kate is making her dressing-some with gluten and some without. We'll have sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole and fresh veggies and dip, ham, turkey, George's pumpkin pie and I have an apple pie and a peach cobbler I'll cook sometime so we should have plenty of food. Plus drinks. It will be a lot of fun for the whole family.

Frank's still coughing but he seems better since he got the Z pack. Dr Sharp got my letter today and said he wants me to stay on Ativan, a small dose. It's good because I like to sleep and I don't sleep without it.

I practiced Joy to the World and have been practicing it for several weeks now. The hard part is the runs with 6ths. I've practiced it over and over and still make mistakes. I have another two weeks before the choir sings it and I hope I can get it down. Sis Toone asked me to play a piece for the Primary children to sing at the Christmas party at church. I can do it if it's only the part I practiced. I seem to be the go to person when it comes to piano playing. I guess that's what I've wanted, to be recognized as a musician but it's seem to come all at once. Things will calm down once the holidays are over. 

No comments: