Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Forrest

Today was the day I took Forrest out to lunch. I left Athens right after exercise and got there a bit early for Forrest was asleep. Sadie was up and the "boys" of course. Trudy and Forrest got up and we talked a while. When it was time to go, I told Forrest we would go anywhere he wanted to go and he decided on Cheddars. That was the place that Trudy took me when we ate out.  It was good, I guess, a bit pricey but it didn't matter for I wanted to treat him.

After lunch, we drove to the Kroger store in Madison so I could return something. Truth was, I didn't want to take him home so early. I wanted to enjoy his company longer. I gave him the return money to help put gas in his car. He doesn't have a car himself, but he gets to drive the Civic that his parents owns. I told Sadie I would take her out to lunch later. She showed me the little chicks that she and her Dad are raising. They are getting their feathers growing in. Soon, they will be big enough to join the other 4-5 chickens in the coop. They get 5 eggs a day now.

I got home about 3 PM and found that Frank was working on the Federal taxes and he got them done today. I watered my flowers and baby trees and found that still another tree was emerging from the soil of the pot I already took one tree out of. It is very tiny but I saw it as I was putting up the hose. I gave it a drink and put it alongside the other pots where it would get some sunshine.

No comments: