Friday, April 23, 2010

Slept In Today

Got to bed about 12:30 AM last night and decided not to go exercise this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 9:00 AM.

Trudy called and wanted me to run a errand for her and I did. I came back home and then walked down the road to feed Danny Boy a cabbage I had for him. It was also exercise for my diet. So far I've refused to exercise, but now I think I should. One can loose weight without exercising, but the exercise helps. The two weeks I was in the nursing home, I lost several pounds and was eating fried foods most meals and not getting much exercise. Go figure!

Stopped by Merle Norman and got some base and powder and saw a friend from the Senior Center. She's in her 80's but I didn't know it! She's a lovely lady and befriended me when I first started going to the Center. She said she missed me this morning but when I told her the time I got in, she agreed with my reason for not going!

We are supposed to get some rain this evening and I hope we do. I thought my young Maple tree was dying because I saw all this "brown" stuff on the leaves. I just looked at it from my kitchen window and worried that the leaves were turning brown. Frank finally looked closer and found that the brown stuff was actually seeds waiting the wind to blow them off! So much for the theory of a sick tree!

No comments: