Saturday, February 16, 2013

Waiting Game

I've been trying to take only 2 pain pills a day, but I can't seem to do it. I can go 10-11 hours during the day without taking one  but at night the pain catches up with me and I have to take the 3rd pill. I can't lie down until it gets into my system because my leg cramps on and off and I can't be still. I took one at 9:30 PM and will have to wait until after 10:00 until it gets into my system and I can lie still in the bed. The Arthrotec doesn't help like I thought it did. This pain is too much for it to help. I don't know how long I'll be able to get the pain med but I hope it will be as long as I need it.

I threw 1/2 a meat loaf away today. It was nasty. The black beans and rice are good but you have to eat a lot to get full and then I get hungry two hours later. I'm trying to control my portions so I'm trying to not eat as much. I lost 8 lbs. with the two operations and I'm trying not to gain it back.

Karen will pick me up for church tomorrow just for Sacrament. The Primary is bad need of a pianist but I don't know if I'm ready to go back full time yet. I have to find the pillow I had on the piano seat before I play any, either that or get a new pillow.

When I was downstairs helping Frank put together the cart yesterday, I got to lay on Trudy's bed. It's a foam bed and felt good, as good as my foam mattress. Frankie will be visiting soon and will be happy to have a nice bed to sleep on.

Frank had a bad day today but I got his meds in him and he got up for lunch. He was going to order the wheelchair today but we didn't know how small the borrowed one was and we were going to try to get one a bit larger than it. It has to be light enough so Trudy and then I can put it in the trunk of the car. We have a wheelchair ramp and all we need now is a wheelchair.

Frank is interested in seeing about a sleep number bed. They said a twin bed started at $800.00. I wasn't impresses with the sleep number and got the therompedic mattress instead. I really like it.

No comments: