Monday, February 18, 2013

Interesting Day

I wanted to go to town today so we went. Dad had a rough meds day and he stayed in bed while we were gone. We drove to see Forrest and take him 2 peanut butter sandwiches and then we went to Publix's to do some coupon shopping. I rode in the electric buggy. We got some good deals. I had wanted to go to Goody's but after Publix I was tired so we came home. After lunch of Taco Bell, Trudy started on organizing my food pantry. She organized the one in the kitchen and then tackled the pantry. Wow! I saw things I had forgotten I had. We threw away a lot of things and you can actually walk into the pantry now. She did all the work but I supervised! I finally had to get off my feet but we were through by then and had to start on supper.

Trudy had bought some frozen veggies and chicken breasts at Sam's and we had a can of Progresso meal starter and we cooked the chicken in it and had rice and gravy and whole green beans, which were very good. Trudy's soaking in the tub now and I had to take my 3rd pain pill so I could lie down and go to sleep without my leg bothering me. I can't seem to get by with only taking 2 pills. I guess as I heal more, it'll get better. Plus, the Dr. will stop prescribing them for me. I surely hope the pain will be gone before that happens...hope, hope, hope.

The wind started blowing while we were at Publix and the weather turned colder. It's blowing now and it will be stormy tonight. Hopefully, there will be no tornadoes in the storm.

Frank seems to be getting worse. He still has trouble walking and sometime seems confused at things. At other times, he's fine. Could it be old age? O joy. A great thing to look forward to!

No comments: