Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dr. Appointment

Trudy gave Dad and me pedicures this morning. I had an appointment with Dr. Walker today to make up for the one I missed because of the operation on my hip. I got some refills on some meds and found out that I had a fungus on my left big toe. He said there were various cures for it. The pills had bad side effects and the one thing that seemed to work was Vick's VaporRub. It has an ingredient in it that other cures have and it is effective and inexpensive. I got some and will start using it tonight. I looked on the internet for cures and VaporRub was mentioned there too.

We went to CVS to see if there were any coupons we wanted but there weren't. I got 8 rolls of toilet paper that Frank likes and the VaporRub. Probably could have gotten it cheaper at Walmart but we were there and I didn't want to think about walking, or riding a buggy, in Walmart. Trudy went in for me while I sat in the car. We went to Goody's because I had a $10.00 credit for my birthday in January and a 20% off coupon. I got a pair of silver earrings that were $40.00 that were discounted some and then with my coupons, they only cost me $3.00.

We then stopped by West Side Pharmacy to get the prescriptions and Trudy went in for them. When she came out, she didn't have the shampoo that was prescribed. I got miffed and went in to see what the problem was and it seems the shampoo prescribed, and what I already had some of, was over $100.00 a small bottle. The pharmacist said the same ingredients were in Selsun blue, but it was 1% instead of 2.5% like the $100.00 bottle. He said just wash my hair more with the Selsun blue and it should do. It has a fragrance in it but I got the bottle that had the least smell to it.

Frankie is supposed to come here to spend the night tonight, but we haven't heard from him. He might be late. He's headed to Ole Miss for a mini reunion. I'm already dressed for bed and may or may not wait up for him. I told him to call and remind us that he was coming but we haven't heard from him.

No comments: