Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Things

Today was the neighborhood breakfast at Shoney's. I didn't go last month and wanted to be there this month. I had two fried eggs over easy and a dish of apples and a glass of milk. That was $9.04. I could have bought two dozen eggs and a jar of applesauce for that price. It's just getting more and more expensive to live now days. The Sweenys and Adams and Tim and Eva and Sandra and I were there, 8 in all. All the girls hug and that's nice. Eva made me a potato cooker to use in the microwave. It's cloth with batting inside and you put the potatoes inside it and fold the top over and cook them in the microwave. You don't have to prick the potatoes or anything. I cooked a sweet potato in it tonight and it cooked just right! She had made the others one of them and just got around to me, I guess. It was a very nice gift.

I cooked and washed clothes and practiced the piano today. I even washed my temple clothes. I got them all packed up and ready to go in a couple of weeks. It was a little cooler today for a cold front came in yesterday. It didn't bring us any rain, though.

No comments: