Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Things

Led the exercises and went to Curves and to Walmart. I got some more cheddar cheese and some more rice cakes and a couple jars of unsalted dry roasted peanuts. I checked out and then had to go back and get a cheese slicer and a dough mixer. When I was at Trudy's, Sadie was using her fingers to work the flour into the butter for an apple pie. I'll get it to her when Mary Kate comes for a visit while she and the kids are staying at Trudy's. She can take it back to her and tell her how to use it. My mother got me a Betty Crocker cookbook when I was single and the cookbook told how to use two knife blades and work the butter into the flour for a pie crust. Maybe I need to get Sadie a beginning cookbook.

As I was going to leave for scripture study, there was a thunder storm and this time it had rain. It came down in buckets. I had to drive about 40 mph on the highway it was raining so hard. We got about 2" of rain today. We really needed it. The grass will need mowing again by the week-end.

I figured out how much money I had spent on myself and on groceries to date. I was amazed at how much money I had spent. Janet was $200 and the new Kindle was $145 plus tithing and many other things which I bought. I have spent the months money in two weeks! Whoa, Nellie! I have got to stop spending, period. I can only buy groceries from now to September. I get sucked into looking at the sales at Goody's and Land's End. Amazon is bad, too, with buying books. A debit card is a convenient thing as is online buying. Guilty say guilty, and I am.

No comments: