Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tomatoes

The tomatoes are planted!  It took me about 3 1/2 hours to plant the tomato bag and the tomato kit. I need to get some bug spray and other sprays to kill disease so I can be prepared for any situation.
Bending over and putting the soil into the tomato bag was work! The tomato kit was even worse! I had to mix some coconut fiber in water and then mix it into the soil. I filled the reservoirs and think the tomatoes will be self watering so long as I keep the reservoirs filled. I don't think I'll ever be ready to tackle a raised bed garden unless someone else puts the soil in for me and all I have to do is to plant the plants and take care of them. It's one thing to sit in the house and feel good and another thing to be outside working!

After cleaning up after gardening, I rested and the vacuumed the floors. We read the Book of Mormon and now I'm ready to plop myself in bed and read.

No comments: