Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Good Day

I had planned to go to town and take back a blouse to Goody's and Walmart but I figured I would be tempted to buy something, so I didn't go out.  The day went by slowly but it was a good day.

Ann and I went VT tonight at 7 PM to see Joy. We had a good visit and Martin, Joy's husband, fixed some treats and served us some and we got to bring home three treats. Frank loved them! It was a good visit. We'll go see Mary Lou tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM. I gave the lesson about Relief Society and I benefited more than anyone else, I believe. After seeing Mary Lou, we'll go and see if Glenda is at home. Ann has been calling her but hasn't been able to get her. Maybe if we just "drop in" on her we'll find her home. Ann said the Relief Society President said Glenda was moving, but we think after all they put into their beautiful home, they wouldn't be leaving it. Hopefully, we'll get to see Glenda tomorrow and find out.

Joy said that the Relief Society was looking for a teacher and would I like for her to put my name in. I've been in Primary for three years or so and I'm not looking to leave, but it would be good to teach again. Interesting thought...

I Googled "essay" today and got 7 pages about how to write an essay. I thought that's what I would be doing writing my life story and I need to brush up on how to do it. It's been 50 years since high school and I had good English teachers that had us writing essays all of the time. But it's been 50 years!! I have another lesson on the Write My Life Story tomorrow. The instructor said to wait until the class was over before writing so we would have all the tools to do it. The class is structured for a book of life experiences but I only want to write essays for mine. The instructions will cover either one.

No comments: