Monday, August 2, 2010

Warm Day

It got up to 97.1 today with no rain in sight. It's been so hot that even the newspaper mentioned it. We've had enough moisture that the grass needs mowing again. Our burn pile is pretty large and Frank asked the Adams if they would help us burn it. Bobby said too wait until it cooled down a bit to burn it!

I cooked a pot of beans today. I added a cup of extra water to the pot since I almost burned them last time I cooked them. It's hard to watch a pot that has to cook about 3 hours. I always get sleepy and that's the way I burned the beans was when I took a nap. I've got a way to sit on the couch and kind of vegge out and pass time but still be aware of things going on. It's almost as good as a real nap!

Karen and Ken left to meet their children in Illinois today. They'll bring Stacey home for the fall semester. Brent and Christy will go to Kentucky to visit her folks and then spend the rest of the time here. They'll go back to school in January, I think.

No comments: