Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trash Day

Just got through with taking the trash out. I hope the boys remember to take it out. It's their spring break and they might be gone somewhere. I have to go off one of my pain medicines because it is an inflammatory and I have to stop it 5 days before the surgery. That will mean more pain and I hate pain! I feel like I'm getting ready to fly to the moon and the countdown has started! I need to do something each day to get ready so I won't have everything to do just before I blast off.

I took the 4" foam topper off my bead. It's comfortable but it makes it harder to move around in the bed. The bed is 4" shorter now and I like that.

Gert's light had burned out and Dad spent a while deciding if the light fixture was good. He had his meter out and was checking the different parts of the fixture. Turned out, it needed a new bulb! Any way, Gertie now has light like the rest of the birds. The lights give them some heat too.

My Forteo is going to give me worry. I'll have to bring the injection pen with me. It needs to be in the refrigerator all the time and I have to take it once a day. It'll have to go to the rehab place with me too. I worry that someone might put it in the freezer and that would ruin it. I'll have to put a piece of tape with, "do not freeze", on the pen. The hospital will give me the rest of my medicines.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

don't worry mom, you can handle the pain because you know that soon, it'll be over with! Too bad we aren't there to take out the trash! George takes out all the trash, so my kids will never have to gather trash! ha ha!