Monday, March 16, 2009

Pre-registering Day

I left at 10:00 AM to get to Crestwood hospital to pre-register. I didn't have to wait too long. I had a joint class to attend and that was when Trudy caught up with me. It was nice having her there. She took several pages of good notes and gave them to me. The purpose was to acquaint us with what was going on or what will be going on the day of our surgery and afterwards. There were 5-6 other knee patients there. After the class, Trudy and I ate at the hospital on a free meal ticket! If I had paid, it would have cost me $24.00! Trudy took home some left overs home to her family, so it was a good deal.

Dad didn't have any fever today. Saturday and Sunday were really bad with him running a 103 fever all day. Now he's got fever blisters in his eyes, nose and mouth. Not good. But he did feel better today.

I need to get serious with getting groceries for when I'll be gone. I want Trudy to just have to warm up stuff and not have to cook from scratch. She'll probably do some of that anyway.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

That is great you could have that meeting to get you and TJ and Daddy prepared for what is ahead. She told me you can stay up to 20 days in the rehab hospital! That is awesome! I will come up the first weekend and then the next as well....and the next if I need to!

Poor Daddy! I didn't know you could get fever blisters in your eyes?!?!

Love you!