Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bed Time

Church was good today. My knee got a little stiff but nothing major. The receptionist at Dr. Moore's office called in a lesser strength pain medicine for me and it doesn't work as well as the higher strength does, plus it says to take one tablet every 4-6 hours and I take 2, plus with the weaker medicine I take 2 tabs and then a third about an hour later. I can't sleep if I feel any pain. The old mind zeros in on the pain and sleep just stays away.

Frank thinks his bird,Rikki, has something wrong with her left foot. Until I can drive, I have to depend on Trudy to take me where I need to go. If the bird is sick, she needs to go to Hartselle to see the Vet and Trudy would have to take us. Frank couldn't get a hold of Trudy tonight. I have an appointment with Dr. Moore Wed. but Trudy wants to go to the Temple so I'll change the appointment. The only problem with changing the appointment is it makes it longer for when I can drive. Oh, well, such is life (can't say that in French...)

Amy Boston was at church. She's such a pretty girl and her two boys are so handsome. It's hard to come to church by yourself but maybe someday her husband will want to come too. I knew Amy before she was born. I helped Pat when they lived in Lawson's Trailer Park when she was pregnant with Amy. I was the Primary chorister when all the Broadhurst children were in Primary. I remember trying to get Amy to smile and I succeeded sometimes. She smiles a lot now!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

You're so sweet! It IS hard to bring both the boys by myself that's for sure!!! Sundays are my hardest days but it's worth it to be an example to my children. :) They grow up fast and then I know I can enjoy listening to the meetings again.

TheVillamorFamily said...

you have other people who can take you to the doctor Mama! Call someone else so you can drive again sooner!!:)

Glad your recovery is doing so wonderful!!!!!!!