Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day out side today. I walked to the mail box with a letter to be mailed and enjoyed the outside. My PT assistant came today. I forgot she told me to not do the exercises the day she comes (so she'll have something to do with me) but I forgot and did them about 9:00 AM. That's a good time for me to do them since I'm still in my PJ's and I like to listen to the radio at that time. My knee bends at 108 degrees now and I think I'm shooting for 110 degrees. It was 105 last time and I thought I wouldn't be able to get it any smaller, but I did! I'm still not used to the right leg being a little longer but as I heal more and do more walking maybe I'll get used to it more.

Dad has really been having a bad day today. He's been in a lot of pain. His legs are bothering him. I think he needs to strengthen the muscles in his legs so they will hold the bones better. Exercising is one thing that is hard to do. When you are young, you play games and do things that naturally exercise your body. When you're older, you have to exercise for the sake of exercise and it isn't that much fun!

No comments: