Thursday, April 25, 2013

All Is Well

My dear friend Kathy called me to see if everything was okay here. I hadn't written in several days. It's because there were two days that I didn't do anything and I didn't want to write about doing nothing. I guess I should write something every day so no one will be worried.

Today I went up to Trudy's for lunch. I had some errands to run in H'ville and she didn't have anything planned, so we climbed into my car and I drove us into H'ville.

I had to stop at the SAS store to pick up two pair of shoes that we had ordered. I can't believe I got into a size 61/2W. I haven't worn a 61/2 size shoe since high school. I usually have to get a larger size for the width. These were very expensive shoes but if they do well, I might get another pair. Wearing them only on Sunday and for dress up times, they should last me for years. I'm not a shoe person so I can wear the same pair of shoes a long time. Now purses are a different thing. I like to change up purses every 6-8 months. The purse I'm carrying now is a Villager by someone famous but Mary Kate picked it up at a thrift store. She picked out one of my old purses and I got hers. I like it for it isn't too large but it is roomy and I can see where everything is when I open it.

We stopped by Sam's to get my fiber. Walmart sells it for $9.98 and I can get it at Sam's for two for $12.98. I got some ground beef and some bananas.

We ate lunch at the Chinese grill. The food is good but it's a bit pricey. It was $27.00 for the three of us, but it was good and we enjoyed ourselves.

When we got back to Trudy's, I had to look at the chickens. They are getting about 14 eggs a day. George sells them for $2.00 a dozen. The chickens looked good. Carheartt has a bulging disc in his back and is confined to the bathroom so he can rest and heal. He wasn't his old self. He's 7 years old and over weight so for a dash hound that's not good.

I got home around 3 PM and had to take the garbage out. Really, I just put the sacks in the garbage can and the boys carry the can out to the road. It's time for me to make them a cake in thanks, but I just haven't felt like doing it. Maybe soon. I do appreciate them carrying the can out for me.

No comments: