Friday, February 26, 2010

Book Day

Ruth gave me a novel to read and I have been trying to read it. I don't really like fiction but I'm doing it so I can comment on the book. I read it some in bed this morning and some this afternoon. I'm close to finishing it.

It's been in the 40's today. If the wind had been blowing, it would have been cold but it turned out to be a nice day.

We did the calendars today and I saw when spring starts, but I've forgotten now. The Maple tree in front of the kitchen window has little red bud on it and I see green just above the ground in several plants that are in the yard. The days are getting longer and in 4-5 weeks we should be seeing warmer weather. If the seasons go according to schedule.

Japan was hit by a 7 point earthquake today. So soon after the earthquake that leveled Haiti. It, the weather, is getting more out of whack lately. All signs of the of the times.

Frank told me that all the research I did from three books could have been done all on the computer! There is so much for me to learn and he can teach me but my mind will only learn one small thing at a time.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

those natural disasters worry me!

you are almost finished with that book?? i need to see if the library has it so i can pick up where i left off!

love you!