Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chair

After the neighborhood breakfast this morning at Shoney's, I drove to H'ville to Lazy Boy to look for a new recliner. They were having a sale. They had three "small" recliners but then the lady helping me showed me the fourth one that I really liked. It's re-purposed leather. It's a suede brown and it fits my size. It will be delivered Thursday. I called Trudy to see when she was coming to pick "it" up. She didn't know what "it" was until I told her I had bought a new chair and she could have the old one. She said that they might be able to get it Thursday for she had a Dr appointment to see about her back. It would be great if they could pick it up the day the new one is delivered.

Got back about 11:30 AM in time to get lunch for us. I did a load of clothes and swept and dust mopped the floors and then sat and watched TV with Frank. My right leg gets to bothering me when I sit too long and I have to get up and exercise it.

Tonight I will finish a new Henning Mankill book I got from Amazon a while back. It's a good book. I think I have one other one of his books I haven't read that I will try to find and read it next. I don't know what makes his books so good-he's a good storyteller-he develops his characters well-probably those and many more things.

The Decker's are still in Arizona and I will be driving to church tomorrow. It will be good to get back since I missed two Sundays because family was here. I got Summer-Rae a key ring as a token of my appreciation for taking care of my callings while I wasn't there. Tomorrow, she will have a lot of new music for us. She'll have Christmas music and songs we will be singing from now 'til Christmas. I look forward to getting new music. I hope I can play it all.

Today in the furniture store, I saw a lady that was 92 years old. She was very active and didn't look that old. She had bought a chair she liked in the store but when it was delivered, it hurt her back and she was a bit upset about that.

After I reached 70, I'm always looking at people who are older than I am to see how they are doing. I've never been 70 before and that sounds really old. Dad lived until he was 87 and he turned that while he was in the hospital after falling off his roof. If that hadn't happened, he might have made it to 90.

No comments: