Thursday, December 6, 2012

Illness

Mary Kate emailed and said Richard has pneumonia. She got Nate well and Richard came down with it. She needs to get the pneumonia vaccine quick! I really don't think it's catching but you can never be too careful.

I stayed home all day. I got up at 6:30 AM because I didn't turn my alarm off and decided to get up and fix some bacon. Frank wanted pancakes but the only baking mix I had was non gluten. The pancakes were okay. I just finished a big box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and it was excellent. I couldn't find it when I looked for it again. I'll need to get something for pancakes. Bisquick makes heavy pancakes but it makes lots of other stuff too.

I was looking for some chicken strips I thought I had frozen but I thawed two large pork chops so I fixed them for supper. I breaded them with whole wheat flour and fried them and then put some chicken stock in with then and cooked them slowly so they would be tender. They were tender, but didn't have much taste. Frank doesn't want to eat any more pork chops so I have the equivalent of one port chop left which I guess I will eat or else throw away-no, I'll keep it for when Frankie is here

My hip has been hurting in between Tylenol doses. The pain shows up in the knee. It hurts when I lie down. Soon it will be all over.

No comments: