Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Next operation

I'm scheduled this Thursday to have a repeat hip operation. My femur broke and the Dr has to go in and put plates and coils and screws and duct tape in to stabilize the bone. This operation will be worse than the first one because he has to cut more thigh muscle. It's been about a month since I had the first operation and I'm just now feeling human. Now, I'll have to go through it all over again and I'm not looking forward to it. It was painful and I'm past that first pain now. At least I know how to use my walker really good.

Trudy has been a jewel about coming over and spending the night every night and helping out. She went to the Dr with Frank today and was a big help. Mary Kate was here last week for 5 days. Frankie is coming down for the operation again. It will be good to see him.

CASA is building a ramp for me. It will be good not to have to have to walk up and down the steps to the house. It will be good for Frank, too. Walking is getting hard for him to do. I still have to conquer the steps down to the basement, all 13 of them!

No comments: