Monday, January 14, 2013

Hit the wrong key...

The second operation went well. I had a bad night of pain afterwards. They were trying to work up to the optimum dose of morphine and I had to go for long periods of time hurting until "they" would give me enough to rest. At AM, a nurse came in and said I had to sit in a chair for 30 minutes and 3 hours later, a PT finally got me back in bed. I called the nursing station but they wouldn't send anyone to help me.

I got better as the second day went by. Frankie, Kayla and Mariam cane to visit Friday. Susan Harris and April came to visit Friday, also. The Dr said I could go home Saturday.

I fell Saturday evening after getting the wheels of the walker caught up with the wheels of the commode and the end of the bedspread. I fell on my good side, the left side and lay on the floor hollering for Frank. I ran and got Trudy and they got me up. The next day I think I got my walker wheel caught up in the rug and fell again. Again on the good side. This time I jarred the leg quite a bit. It's stiff but doesn't hurt more than what I think it should hurt. Dad and Trudy had to prick me up again. I'm trying to be careful but something isn't working. I've got to get this leg healed this time without any more problems. It's a real blessing that Trudy us here with us. Mary Kate will come January 27th. She will be able to take me to the Dr to get the 157 staples out.

No comments: